Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Gainesville, Florida!

Last week I had the great opportunity to visit the University of Florida where a few of my coworkers and I toured the Museums. Oh, and we got to have a private tour of "The Swamp", the football stadium for the Gators. We did not have time to fit in a visit with Urban Meyer however, so sad!

As the football players exit the locker room and get ready to run onto the field, they all touch this gator for good luck!

We also met a group of the Red Hat Ladies. They were having a great time. This is a group who meet together and go on social outings. They all were purple and a red had except on their birth month. Then they wear red with a purple hat!

We had a wonderful time touring the Butterfly Rainforest located at the Florida Museum of Natural History on the campus of University of Florida. I took this picture of one of the inhabitants. It was so amazing!

This little friend wanted to come home with me! This was such a great experience and so beneficial for me with my work at the Bean Life Science Museum.

3 comments:

AnnDee said...

What beautiful pictures! Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

miah, you play soccer that is so cool i did when i was 5 but now i don't!!! from the person that likes you

Anonymous said...

People should read this.